What the Hell

What the Hell

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Update on the Little Conehead Kitty

The little cone-head is doing better!  If all goes well he should be able to ditch the headgear by Christmas....Ahhh, the holidays.  The new thing at our house is Howard climbing the Christmas tree.  While I am glad it is him since he's the smallest of the five, I'm still not exactly pleased at the development.  He has always been a challenge.  If he were a human, he'd be diagnosed with ADHD.    

Holidays are a bit tough anyway, since I lost both my parents.  You notice the holes in your family unit more at those times I suppose.  It's not that I actually have wonderful memories of Christmases past...my dad was a workaholic and was always tired when he was at home.  We didn't often spend much time together as a family after I was 8 or 9 years old.  I DO have a happy memory though; strange as it may sound!!  My sister and I LOVED our corrugated cardboard fireplace.  Those of you who were children in the 60's and 70's remember them....they had a tin cylinder covered with red clear plastic that turned on a pin over a warm lightbulb to simulate flickering flames.  Funny the things you treasure isn't it??  I have a real fireplace now but it doesn't have quite the same late mid-century charm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do want to connect with other people out there, but PLEASE keep it clean and civil. Or else I will have to block you. And please do not use bad grammar or seriously misspelled words. I hate that. It is just a thing with me.
Have a nice day!